The Beauty of Facial Acupuncture, Part Two
Last time I suggested facial acupuncture as an option to help reduce age related changes that present on the face. So what might one expect in terms of potential benefits of facial acupuncture?
There are many potential benefits! While the extent of improvement varies individually, one may expect to see some or all of the possibilities detailed below:
- Facial acupuncture will help reduce the stress evident on the face and soften the facial appearance.
- It helps improve muscle tone and complexion.
- It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the lips, eyes, forehead, and cheeks.
- It helps tighten pores and brightens the eyes and face.
- It helps reduce bags under the eyes and lift droopy eyelids.
- It helps reduce double chins.
- It helps soften the bulging appearance of facial veins.
- It helps balance sebum and may help with hormone based skin conditions.
Overall, it slows the effects of the aging process and brings out your inner glow. However, the benefits are not just skin deep!
Certain body acupuncture points are used along with facial points to help ground the energy. This also helps to harmonize and balance the whole body’s energy. While this is not the focus of the treatments, many people report feeling an improvement in mood, sleep patterns, and resolution of other minor issues as the series progresses.
Of course, there are some cautions and minor side effects. This is not for you if you are pregnant, going through chemotherapy, have a bleeding disorder or have other serious health conditions. Caution is also indicated if you have a tendency to bruise, as there is a risk of bruising. You may also be asked to take an herbal supplement to help reduce bruising.
More in the next post on the frequency of treatments, the number of treatments needed and how to prepare for facial acupuncture.