The Emperor Huang Ti: I have heard it said that in antique times humans were living to the age of one hundred years. In our days, at fifty years we are already worn out. Is this owed to the changes of circumstances or does it come back to the fault of humans?
The Physician Chi Po: In the antique age, man used to live according to the ‘Tao’, the’ Principle’. They used to observe the law of Yang and of Yin, to be sober, to live a regular and simple life. For this reason, healthy in body and spirit, they used to be able to live up to a hundred years. In our age, man drinks alcoholic drinks like one drinks water, looking for all the pleasures, and addicting themselves to intemperance, so they do not live beyond fifty years. The Sages teach that in order to be able to avoid the “Perverse Fongs”(sicknesses owed to exterior influences), it is necessary to lead a simple and peaceful life. Keeping thus in reserve all of its energies, the body cannot be attached by the sicknesses. The wise man must protect himself from desires, thus his heart will be at peace, his body can be tired, but not his spirit. It is by living in such simplicity that man can still, in our days, live to the age of one hundred years.
From the Suwen a compilation of fragmentary texts written, collected, and edited by an unknown number of individuals in a period lasting from about the second century B.C.E. to the second century C.E
Longevity, as defined in the west, means merely the quantity or long duration of life. It doesn’t consider the quality of a long life lived. On the contrary, longevity or “Chang Shou” in China is used with reverence for someone who enjoyed the blessing of living a long time and having a quality of life. Can you achieve quantity of life and still maintain youthful vigor, be fulfilled and happy and remain emotionally balanced and advance spiritually throughout your long existence? Our answer is a definite YES!
All diseases fall into four categories; the first three – inherited genetic diseases, infectious diseases, and trauma – account for only 10% of the cost for treating all disease in America. The fourth category – degenerative diseases – accounts for the other 90% of all healthcare dollars spent on extraordinary care in the last two to three years of life. If we can slow aging, we can eliminate more than 50% of all disease overnight.
Fortunately, we can alter this dreadful course by preventing, delaying, or reversing the diseases associated with aging. Acupuncture Atlanta combines the ancient wisdom of Traditional Oriental Medicine (TOM) with the recent advances and modern technology of Anti-Aging Medicine. Although somewhat different in their approach to anti-aging and longevity, both TOM and Anti-Aging Medicine treat the fundamental causes of aging.
Now middle-aged men and women who have accepted a decline in their health as a “fact of life” can be re-vitalized – physically, intellectually and sexually.